Two different design for a kitchen sponge holder are presented for this 3d printable model, the magnetic sponge holder uses a magnet attached in its base to be used with a stainless steel sink tabletop and the suction cup sponge holder has a suction cup in its base and can be used with any kind of sink tabletop.
The kitchen sponge holder for stainless steel tabletop uses a 20mm round magnet inserted in a case with the base, there are two different stl files for this 3d model: the base itself and the cover cap for the magnet case.
The magnet used in magnetic sponge holder model is a round neodymium magnet with 20mm of diameter and a thickness of 3mm, but the model is designed in such a way that two 2mm thick magnets or one 4mm thick can also be used.
The suction cup sponge holder designed for general use has a hole in this base where a 48mm suction cup should be inserted.
- stl files: 3
- 3printer settings: height 0.2mm, infill 25%, support: NO
Tips for printing the kitchen sponge holder models:
- refer to figures for the proper orientation on print bed and NO supports will be necessary.
- can be printed in PLA but is recommended to use ABS or PTEG if warm water is used in your sink.
- we recommend to glue the magnet cap on the base for the magnetic version, also don´t compress the base without the cap attached.
- in the suction cup version be careful when inserting the suction cup on the base and use the large aperture for insertion, this way the base will not be over stressed.